Candidates for this exam should have subject matter expertise in implementing, managing, and monitoring an organization’s Microsoft Azure environment, including virtual networks, storage, computing, identity, security, and governance.
An Azure administrator often serves as part of a larger team dedicated to implementing an organization’s cloud infrastructure. Azure administrators also coordinate with other roles to deliver Azure networking, security, database, application development, and DevOps solutions.
Candidates for this exam should be familiar with operating systems, networking, servers, and virtualization. In addition, professionals in this role should have experience using PowerShell, Azure CLI, the Azure portal, and Azure Resource Manager templates (ARM templates).
- The English language version of this exam will be updated on April 23, 2023. Download the study guide in the preceding “Tip” box for more details about the skills measured on this exam.
- Manage Azure identities and governance (15–20%)
- Implement and manage storage (15–20%)
- Deploy and manage Azure compute resources (20–25%)
- Configure and manage virtual networking (20-25%)
- Monitor and maintain Azure resources (10–15%)
Manage Azure AD objects
Manage access control
Manage Azure subscriptions and governance
Configure access to storage
Manage data in Azure storage accounts
Configure Azure Files and Azure Blob Storage
Automate deployment of resources by using templates
Create and configure VMs
Create and configure containers
Create and configure an Azure App Service
Configure virtual networks
Configure secure access to virtual networks
Configure load balancing
Monitor virtual networking
Monitor resources by using Azure Monitor
Implement backup and recovery
- Create an Azure Recovery Services vault
- Create an Azure Backup vault
- Create and configure backup policy
- Perform backup and restore operations by using Azure Backup
- Configure Azure Site Recovery for Azure resources
- Perform failover to a secondary region by using Azure Site Recovery
- Configure and review backup reports